Wednesday, August 27, 2008

7 Days Till School - Series Begin

August 27th, 2008

With school starting in a week, I've decided to start a little "diary" if you can call it that. Here I will be ranting about everything that's happened and everything else on that day. This will mostly focus on my new experience in my first year of high school. There's not much to talk about today, since school hasn't officially started, but still. This is just to tell you guys what I'm planning to do. This is also an attempt to cure my procrastination habits.

So, I just ended my 3 day band camp yesterday. I was dead beat by the end of the day. Each day was 13 hours long, with camp from 8 AM to 9 PM. Mr. Kollias, our director, said that these three days was equivalent to 8 weeks of school, so that's why it was so long. The food sucked, but the barbeque on the last day was alright. My lips are still buzzing from playing the trombone so much and we worked on some pre-game and half-time set ups. It was fun all around, since I got to talk to my friends again. I saw everyone from concertband back when I was still in 6th grade, and they haven't forgotten me either. Callie, our section leader, still remembers me as the really good sixlet so she put me on first part, in front of other upperclassmen. I feel so short standing in between a junior and a sophmore. Maybe cause I am short. Well, that was pretty much my last three days. Wake up, get dressed, play trombone, eat, play trombone, march, eat, march, play trombone, sleep, and around and around. I can finally enjoy some decent sleep before school starts and early up for me. I have 0 period so class starts at 6:45 AM for me. It's going to be a long year.

No comments: